NPSS Computer And Internet Use Policy
All students are required to review the Digital Safety Presentation for use of Learn60.ca accounts in School District 60. **NPSS students must have a signed permission form from your parents/guardians for you to use a Learn60.ca Google Apps for Education account.** the link is found at: SD60 Digital Citizenship and Safety
Students are responsible for appropriate behaviour on the school’s computer network. The use of computers and the network are a privilege, not a right, and may be revoked at the discretion of the school.
General Computer and Network Use
Students wishing to use NPSS computers must sign an Acceptable Use Agreement before using devices at NPSS. Students will be provided these forms at the beginning of the year or when registering.
1. No food or drink may be consumed near computers.
2. Be respectful of all computers and other students’ work. Report any damages immediately to the supervisor.
3. Do not tamper with computer settings, network security, or other’s accounts. Computers are the property of the school and used by all students. Your user account is your own. Do not share it with others!
4. Sound files and CD’s may only be played with the use of headphones or at an acceptable volume with teacher permission and the agreement of the entire class.
5. No gaming! At no time are students permitted to play networked, locally installed games, or Internet games.
6. Printing: Students are urged not to be wasteful in their printing practices. Printing to different rooms than you are working in will cost 25 cents per page.
7. No Chat or Messaging.
8. Email is not permitted unless it is for schoolwork purposes. Please ask your teacher first.
9. Disk space is limited; please practice good file management and delete files not needed. Your folder will be deleted at the end of the year.
- The Internet will not be used for viewing or downloading pornography, information regarding illegal substances, hate literature, or any material deemed to be unacceptable or inappropriate by the staff or administration.
- Students will only be allowed to use the Internet if it is required for a course assignment. Students may be asked to produce the assignment in writing for verification.
- Files are not to be downloaded except for explicit school use (i.e. .exe, .zip, .bat files etc.).
The Network belongs to NPSS and School District 60. Network administrators and teachers review files to ensure that students are using the system responsibly without notification or permission.
By using NPSS computers you are accepting the rules and regulations set forth above. Failure to comply with any of the above regulations may result in the loss of all computer privileges at NPSS. Criminal charges may also be laid if student(s) are found tampering with the school computer network.
Are you experiencing bullying at NPSS? Bullying of any form is not acceptable at our school. Report bullying to email@example.com
http://www.bewebaware.ca Canadian based site that covers important topics of Internet Safety.
The Government of Canada is working hard to enforce Canadian laws on-line and encourage safe web browsing. For more information click through to http://cyberwise.gc.ca/