NPSS Honour Roll 2023/2024
Grade 10 & 11 – Students must be taking a minimum of three (4 credit) courses each semester at North Peace Secondary for a total of six courses throughout the year to qualify.
Students currently in Grade 11 (2023-24 year) must look below to the *NEW* Requirements for 2024/2025 to meet the requirements for the ‘Honours Sash’.
Grade 12 – Graduating With Honours (Honours Sash) Requirement
To receive the honours sash students need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Earned Principal’s Honour Roll in Grade 12 in Terms 1-3
- Must have taken a minimum of four Grade 12 courses (4 credit) in their Grade 12 year
- Earned a minimum of 86% (A) in each of these four courses
- The Grade 12 courses must have been taken at North Peace Secondary
Courses that DO NOT Count towards the Honour Roll
- Support block courses (XSIEP, XLDCA, XLIFE courses)
Disqualifiers for the Honour Roll
- “IE” – “Insufficient Evidence” in any term.
*NEW* Requirements for 2024/2025
To graduate with honours and receive the honours sash students need to meet all of the following requirements:
- Earned Principal’s Honour Roll in Grade 11 (all terms) and Grade 12 (Terms 1-3)
- Must have taken a minimum of six Grade 12 courses (4 credit) in Grades 10-12
- Earned a minimum of 86% (A) in each of these six courses
- The qualifying Grade 12 courses must have been taken at North Peace Secondary and cannot be college courses (Dual Credit).
Calculating Honour Roll
The honour roll is calculated using the term grades for Terms 1 and 3. For Terms 2 and 4 the honour roll is based on the term grades and not final grades. The term grades are used to calculate the student’s GPA (grade point average).
Principal’s Honour Roll = 7 GPA
Gold Honour Roll = 6.50 to 6.98 GPA
Burgundy Honour Roll = 6.00 to 6.48 GPA
Example of How the Honour Roll is Calculated:
|A: 86% – 100%||7||ART STUDIO 11||96%||7|
|B: 73% – 85%||6||SOCIAL STUDIES 10||96%||7|
|C+: 67% – 72%||5||WORKPLACE MATH 10||90%||7|
|C: 60% – 66%||4||FOODS 10||84%||6|
|C-: 50% – 59%||0||Total of GPA for the 4 courses =||27|
|F||0||27 GPA divided by 4 courses =||6.75||Gold Honour Roll|