As Christmas continues to approach, the Senior Alternate program has decided to sponsor a family for Christmas through the Phoenix Club. Additionally, we are also raising funds so we can purchase new socks, winter gear, and hygiene products for the service users of the Salvation Army shelter. We’re hoping that the rest of the school and their families might want to join in our efforts. Although we are asking the community for donations, we are also putting forth efforts to raise funds on our own as well. Some of the projects we are doing are:
- Candy Grams – Dec 4. We will have candy gram sales on Dec 4 and they will be delivered on the 18th
- A Bake/Craft Sale – Dec 11- we will have a table set-up outside of the cafeteria with a wide variety of baked goods, Christmas crafts, and hot chocolate for sale. Prices will vary.
- Bottle Drive, Dec 6 Bring in all your recyclables to Senior Alt and we will sort it all and recycle it for you.
- Candy Guess, goes until Dec 14 Tickets will be for sale for $1 per guess.
- NHL Competition – Dec 13 Join us in the Senior Alt room (104). Come show off your skills and compete for a prize ($5 entry fee)
- Soup/Chilli and Bannock sale – Dec 12 We will have a table set up in front of the cafeteria selling Soup/Chili and bannock so come on down and get some! ($5 a bowl and a piece of bannock).
- Photo Booth with Santa – Dec 12. The Senior Alt have created a photo booth with Santa to give the opportunity for students to take Photos with Santa.
- Coin/ Clothing/ Food/ Dock Drive – goes until Dec 14. Help us support the Salvation Army shelter. We are collecting socks , winter gear, food and coins beside the office we have placed a Christmas tree in hopes that it will be decorated with new socks and mitts. So bring some in and help us out.
We are hoping to encourage everyone to participate in some of the festivities that Senior Alt is planning to offer. Come Support our Community! ~ Calvin Paige