March 2, 2020
In response to recent concerns around the spread of COVID-19 and student travel groups, School District 60 has connected with our Northern Health Medical Officer and confirmed the following information and procedures:
- There are currently no confirmed cases in our region
- The risk for transmission in BC remains low
- Updates and the latest information on COVID can be found on the Northern Health Website at www.northernhealth.ca
- No additional measures are recommended at this point beyond the hygiene procedures and self-monitoring that have been communicated via the health authorities and parent letters. These resources can also be found on our district website at www.prn.bc.ca
- Out of an abundance of caution, the district is providing additional sanitizer products to all schools and our custodians are providing enhanced disinfectant protocols in all schools.
- The medical health officer does not recommend the quarantine of all students returning from travel. Any staff or students who are symptomatic are encouraged to self-isolate and seek medical attention.